$100K — $150K *
MSC is currently searching for a Senior Business Analyst to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Work is on-site in Rockville, MD, with the possibility to telework.
The Senior Business Analyst will work as part of a highly motivated Agile software development team that provides biomedical informatics and IT support to cancer research. This involves working with program stakeholders to help meet scientific objectives in clinical and translational research, data science, discovery biology, and data sharing.
• Develop a rapport with customers in biomedical research setting and develop an understanding of their business processes and needs; model business processes as necessary
• Analyze needs to define and prioritize business requirements
• Work with technical team to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Perform technical requirements analysis, cost analysis, and schedule analysis
• Work with project management to draft business cases for new projects and prioritize work
• Make presentations, write communications, and lead discussions to gather requirements, communicate issues, resolve requirements issues, and ensure that all stakeholders share a common understanding at all levels of requirements.
• Identify dependencies, constraints, and issues; identify risks, their probability, impact, cost, and mitigation strategies
• Apply expertise in software systems, informatics, system modeling and design, cloud-based architecture, and the like to develop approaches to satisfy customer needs.
• Help identify redundant or inefficient business or technical practices across the program and make improvement recommendations
• Help to define project performance goals and metrics, and monitor progress toward those goals via the metrics
• Conduct case studies, cost-benefit analyses, market research, and technology evaluations as necessary; assist with strategic roadmaps
• Help gather information for and write progress reports as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
• 8+ years’ experience working as a business analyst as part of a software development team and working within the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical ability, and time management skills
• Ability to work with and manage expectations of different stakeholders, from developers to the customer to project management to senior management
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
• Experience at NIH or in biomedical research settings
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum
• Ability to contribute to lessons learned and continuous improvement of business and technical processes
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Valid through: 3/19/2021