Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Atlanta, GA or remote
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for collaboration with clients and colleagues to
- Define business and system requirements, perform business process analysis, and recommend solution options.
- The ideal candidate will collect, analyze and clarify business requirements for new modules and enhancements to existing; specify functional and business requirements; design and prototype user interfaces; develop test plans and scripts based on the documented functionality.
- Collects, documents, interprets, analyzes and confirms specifications for new or enhanced functionality with internal and external business owners.
- Participates in logical design sessions associated with the implementation of business requirements. Captures business goals/needs effectively, following a standard process methodology.
- Clarifies and develops objectives and key issues in a structured manner.
- Documents and creates Functional Specifications, Functional Use Cases, including documented workflows, data flow diagrams, batch and online system process flows, screen prototypes and user/interface designs.
- Presents requirements to stakeholders, confirming findings and/or making adjustments to documentation.
- Provides soundly based advice to both development team and business units, from a business and/or technical perspective.
- Documents logical/conceptual designs from requirements specifications.
- Analyzes requirements and works with the applications development function to develop appropriate logical solutions.
- Reviews & confirms with all stakeholders the suitability of proposed solutions including assessment of impact.
- Coordinates the preparation of user-acceptance criteria.
- As part of the cross functional team prepares reviews of specifications and contributes to risk-assessments.
- Acts as the liaison between the lines of business and the development team.
- Negotiates acceptance criteria on behalf of the business.
- Manages requirements issues arising during testing.
- Assists in business procedure testing.
- Provides assistance to the QA team through UAT, as required.
- Provides advice/support for development of QA documentation or post -implementation support documentation.
- Liaises with external organizations where required.
- Contributes positively to the team environment to allow individual and team goals to be met.
- As 3rd level Client Support, provide assistance in resolving client inquiries, as well as the effective and efficient service for the screening, prioritization and resolution of production defects.
- Facilitates strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts.
- Follows written system procedures and policies in the execution of assigned duties.
- Collaborates with team members in evaluating existing processes and creating new processes when required.
- Provides sales support as an expert in their product area as needed.
- Provides support to marketing for the production of collateral to deepen understanding and trends of the market.
- Implements and maintains a personal development program that focuses on maintaining currency and enhancing technical skills in the areas of Information Technology and Business Analysis.
- Proactively identifies own training needs.
- Maintains a reading program that covers recent developments in IT and business analysis techniques.
- Engineering, Science or Computer Science undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 -8 years work experience within a technology organization as a Sr. Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience working within an SDLC framework and Project Delivery Process
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies desired.
- User Interface Design
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple and concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated experience with developing Functional Specifications, Impact Assessments, Process and Data Flows, and Functional Use Cases.
- Advanced skills with PC-based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required.
- Pega Marketing or Pega Decisioning 2 -3 years of experience a plus. If no Pega experience, UML or Visio experience will suffice.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management, including all Lines of Business and external stakeholders with consideration and respect.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to summarize data into high-level themes.
- Provides timely feedback and responses to all, especially clients.
Merklefosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.