The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is one of 12 regional Reserve Banks that, along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up our nation’s central bank. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in operating the nation’s payment system, and additionally serves as a fiscal agent to the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) to support key payments business lines and programs in partnership with the Treasury. Job Summary: The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to interact with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executives, operational users, etc. and technical staff to analyze, elicit and document requirements associated with defined system scope and objectives for technical solutions. Highest levels partner with previous audiences to establish project vision and drive scope, including determination of appropriate technology solutions. The incumbent is a Bank employee working under the supervision of a Business Support Manager or Officer.
- Drives the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provides input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope.
- Recommends improvements to processes of technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues.
- Selects and / or recommends appropriate artifacts and processes to be used to best suit the project’s needs.
- Reviews artifacts and final requirements and obtains final endorsement from stakeholders.
- Works with developers, stakeholders, and senior management to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements.
- Negotiates commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Compiles metrics and reports on progress of requirements development to project team.
- Provides thought leadership on business analysis approaches and provides mentoring to junior staff.
- Works independently; coordinates project based activities by assigning and reviewing work, and balancing workloads. Leads and influences junior staff, peers outside of unit and stakeholders.
- Typically leads development of requirements for highly complex and visible projects. Accountable for execution and/or success of requirements for overall project. Reviews and recommends actions based on broad perspective to ensure full identification and resolution of potential conflicts and risks among business processes and/or technical systems.
- Strong ability to understand concepts or problems from the business perspective to effectively guide the analysis and development of requirements, and define appropriate solutions.
- Applies excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum) to deliver functionality.
- Understands complex technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experiencerequired.
- Five to seven years business analysis experience with elicitation, defining scope, creating documentation, and collaborating with technical staff.
- Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Internet, and email programs.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to drive and influence a team environment.
- Nature of interaction with contacts include ability to influence and negotiate. Possesses high level of credibility with developers and stakeholders. Offers excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Completion of business analysis training courses and business analysis certified preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with U.S. Department of Treasury policies, processes, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense organization and financial management processes.
- Knowledge and experience with payment systems processes and technology.