At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Information Technology team develops and maintains Bell’s internal systems and applications while also developing integrated technology solutions across all residential lines of business.
The team is a cross-functional team that, in collaboration with our Business partners, delivers top-quality projects, programs in using agile (SAFE – Program Increment) methodology in the service assurance domain, which meet evolving customer demands.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the incumbent is a Senior Business Analyst. The candidate accountability includes building and maintaining a great partnership with key business stakeholders.
Other key accountabilities include obtaining end user requirements, grooming requirements, scrutiny of the existing systems, analysis of the proposed system, review progress against the team objectives and adherence to project timelines for Service Health & Automated Repair product.
- Bridging the gap between IT developer team and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to management and stakeholders
- Identifying, document and then prioritizing technical and functional requirements with the business. Ability to gain buy-in on prioritization
- Assist in creating the vision for future business roadmap and architecture and participate in setting Enterprise standards and mid/long-term strategy / roadmaps (0-36 months), acting as domain specific subject matter experts
- Participates in the planning and coordination of deliverables and timelines for projects following agile practice.
- The candidate will function in a SAFE project-based environment, working with various information technologies, service assurance subject-matter experts to successfully build features, uses cases, stories, document, and assist in delivering complex technical project solutions
- Maintain standards, methods and best practices by applying solid understanding of the business, Bell Canada’s standards as well as those guidelines set out by external regulatory bodies in telecommunications
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information System management or related disciplines
- 7-10 years of experience in information technology, service assurance domain preferably in a Telecommunications environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Strong presentation & negotiation skills
- Experience in key business domains such as Service Assurance, Field Operations and Residential services
- Good analysis, troubleshooting, technical and non-technical communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to represent the business sponsor and customer advocate throughout the project lifecycle
- Capacity to manage numerous, large, complex projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with solution focus to relay options and recommendations
- Team player and ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of Bell’s Residential services over DSL, Fiber and Wireless
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as the ITIL, ETOM and TMF models
- Knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools, an understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP
- Applied knowledge of:
- SOAP UI/Postman and SQL knowledge
- Application Architecture (e.g., Kafka, stream design, APIs)
- BRMS – Redhat Decision Manager, Drools
- General understanding of programming and markup languages
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams, handling multiple projects with geographically dispersed team members
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and ability to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities.
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, London and Toronto corridors depending on project needs
- Analytical skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Team orientation