Delta Air Lines is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work Tech OPs - Delta Materials Services, Materials and Logistics team. If you are a versatile Business Analyst, Looking for a role where your workload and projects can change rapidly, then this is the role for you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
The role of the Business Analyst is to support and enable change. The Business Analyst is responsible for eliciting requirements from business owners for projects and then performing the necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are made. This Business Analyst will work closely with business leads as well as technical teams for development, testing, and architecture in the course of delivering the changes needed by the business.
- Understand, document and prioritize high level business requirements
- Convert high level business requirements into executable, detailed user stories to enable development
- Create visual models (wireframes, Business Process Models)
- Become and remain knowledgeable on key business processes and systems and how they operate/integrate
- Manage the relationship between IT and key stakeholders and management teams including subsidiaries leadership, meeting on a regular basis and identifying all business initiatives and future projects
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage technical solutions and emerging technologies to facilitate business solutions
- Provide expertise and advice to business unit owners, IT leaders, project teams, and other support teams
- Identify gaps in the application functionality and work with the technical team to provide solutions
- Provide efficient project processes and deliverables to shorten the project life cycle, where applicable
- Work with application support and development teams to fix software bugs and escalate issues
- Lead resolution of issues with interfacing systems built on different technologies
- Facilitate and participate in regular project status reviews
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with 7+ years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Ability to understand customer and business needs and convert them into a compelling product vision
- Ability to create detailed, well-written documentation for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- SAP experience in the Materials Management & Logistics space is a highly preferred skill
- Working knowledge of data mining and OLAP tools
- Enthusiasm to proactively coordinate and take action within a team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as under the direction of project managers
- Experience with Agile project environments preferred
- Business process re-engineering and optimization skills
- Strong understanding of data analytics
- Candidate must be highly motivated, and keen to work in a fast paced organization with a passion for working on new technologies
- Any previous airline experience, particularly in the operations area of an airline, is desirable
- Experience with business process modeling or use case modeling is a plus
- Experience with mobile application development is a plus
- Some travel may be required
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
Requisition #: 268402