The Senior Business Analyst - IT is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving services and products to BECU members and processes internal to BECU through the use of technology, exhibiting a broad knowledge base of multiple applications and BECU business units in a highly collaborative environment. The SBA accomplishes this through leveraging the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. This role acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments to translate business needs and objectives into technology solutions. The Sr Business Analyst – IT works on complex projects/teams and acts as a mentor and lead to Business Analysts. Role incumbents will be self-motivated, display leadership and forward thinking skills and be capable of operating at strategic and tactical levels.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications.
- Lead team with design of technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements and coordinate vendor delivery.
- Lead test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines.
- Act as project manager for some enhancements and small projects.
- Consult with and advocate to multiple BECU business units outside of project efforts.
- Partner with the business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Lead Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) efforts for complex projects/teams. Lead activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Assist Technical Analysts with application specific production support, as needed (4th tier support).
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of manuals, procedures and other documentation required for the effective operations of the application support team.
- Provide application administration support.
- Maintain application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Act as a mentor to and resource for less experienced Business Analysts.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Computer Science degree preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with business software applications required.
- Strong understanding of various project methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Have knowledge of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement projects and in accordance with BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC practices.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.