Requisition ID 2017-7410
The Senior Business Analyst will serve as the liaison between clients, business users, and IT to develop, document, and monitor development of Risk Adjustment products and enhancements throughout the product lifecycle. This includes collaborating with business users and IT to develop user stories, functional specifications and business process flows designed to communicate user requirements, prioritize feature requests, and identify modifications to existing systems and processes required to meet user demand.
- Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge and expertise regarding Inovalon Risk Adjustment products utilized by Inovalon clients so as to identify necessary system development and enhancements requested by client or market demand;
- Work with product management, clinical, operations and quality teams to identify, evaluate and design enhancements to the risk adjustment products;
- Perform product and market research and perform analysis for high-level business requirements;
- Participate in project planning activities and document project plans for tasks, timeline, milestones;
- Update management regarding project plans, risks and contingency plans;
- Regularly review and communicate to IT adjustments to requirements, specifications and business processes and prioritization;
- Develop and implement user acceptance test plans, including performance and documentation of testing; and
- Assist product management with delivering product training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Health Science, or equivalent; Master’s degreepreferred;
- 4-5+ years of senior business analysis experiencewith some healthcare data experiencepreferred;
- Experience in healthcare industry within last 3years;
- 4+ years of SQL experience & designing and conducting user acceptance testing preferred;
- Possess Agile software development methodology experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent documentation skills: process flows, reporting metrics, and procedures;
- Ability to understand the company’s products and process, regulatory and competitive environments;
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Work under minimal supervision on complex projects;
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting environment;
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Team Foundation Server (TFS) is preferred;
- Professionally skilled in personal presentation, verbal, and written communication; and
- Possess meticulous organizational skills.