Looking for a new opportunity to put your sophisticated analytical and projectmanagement skills to work? The IDEXX Legal & Compliance Team is looking for a world-class Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst’s portfolio is cross-functional and global, with responsibilities including identification of business problems and needs; quantitative and process analysis; and design and implementation of process, system and organizational solutions to meet business goals. Operating at the intersection of operational processes, data and systems, this is a key role in enabling the Legal & Compliance team to achieve its goal of effective, efficient, scalable delivery of world-class legal services to IDEXX globally.
Specific duties will include business process redesign; system analysis, implementation and support/improvement; analysis, validation and documentation of business, organizational and operational requirements; data analysis; and project and change management efforts.
The Business Analyst will join the Legal & Compliance Team’s Project Management Office, and will report to the Vice President (Legal Commercial).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Legal & Compliance Team members to enhance analytical rigor and process efficiency across all service areas, including Corporate, Commercial, Intellectual Property, Compliance, Litigation and Employment
- Work closely with the Legal & Compliance Team and teams across IDEXX to evaluate business needs, define and prioritize requirements, manage projects and ensure that process and systems align with leading business practices, team and IDEXX needs
- Identify and gather business requirements
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring productive and efficient discussions and follow-through
- Conduct quantitative and systems analysis and communicate results clearly and effectively
- Create, enhance, and implement business processes and supporting solutions, ensuring requirements are delivered as agreed and on time
- Manage projects, including developing and implementing project plans
- Communicate program vision and details to project teams, key business stakeholders, and executive leadership
- Work closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user information requirements and seek opportunities to support critical business strategies, improve business processes, and educate team members regarding strategic use of technology.
- Research leading business practices in legal and compliance operations.Promote and direct ongoing improvement of processes and systems to enable the team to deliver business value.
- Train, mentor and coach others in areas of expertise; may direct work of others.
- Solve problems independently and assume responsibility in a collaborative fashion
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field including business, marketing or science; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- IIBA Certification or Business Analyst Professional preferred.
- Project management certification (PMP or equivalent) preferred.
- 6 - 8 years of related analytical and/or project management experience
- Experience in business modeling and process engineering preferred.
- Business or systems experience within IDEXX in a function/service (or LOB) preferred
- Knowledge or experience of legal operations preferred.
- Track record of successfully tackling non-routine, complex business projects, programs and initiatives, and both independent and collaborative data analysis and problem-solving
- Project management capability, including cross-functional project planning, scheduling, resource identification, risk analysis and reporting
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid quantitative analytical skills
- Solid project management skills
- Organized, with ability to manage and prioritize several projects at once
- Drive, initiative and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong/advanced presentation skills; ability to present and explain business requirements, data analysis and proposed solutions to all audiences
- Influencing skills to gain commitment and support for decisions and to motivate the organization to support business changes
- Ability to translate business process or concepts into technical requirements (and vice versa)
- Ability to perform root case analysis and problem resolution
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional organization
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office and sophisticated Excel skills
- Experience in Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI and/or similar data visualization tools
- IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advancedmedical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
- IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time - biotechnology and information technology.We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.