Job Summary The Interoperability Business Systems Analyst will work within a team environment, leading and helping to create and maintain software tools and utilities in the HCHB application. As a member of the Systems Development Team, responsibilities will include problem analysis, solution design, tracing and documenting business requirements through to test plans and cases, reduce time to fix issues and identify anomalies. The position must be able to work in a collaborative environment consisting of multiple programming teams, QA, product and other management with regard to application issues. Knowledge and past work experience related to healthcare messaging and operability preferred. Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Participate in assigned development projects according to the IT project management methodology, procedures, and processes.
- Design and develop process, procedures and best practice standards for existing and future application features by acting as a liaison between HCHB Product and Technology organizations.
- Work with IT/Product/Project management team to implement strategic solutions that increase usability and functionality of the application.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand business problem and how proposed enhancements address them while assessing impact to existing functionality.
- Enthusiastically and actively participate in initiatives to continuously improve processes, and improve service levels.
- Support critical issues affecting HCHB's Customer Support team and provide immediate resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise & leadership for internal systems development group as needed, particularly with regards to healthcare messaging standards and protocols (HL7, CCD, IHE, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Extensive Healthcare industry experience may be substituted in absence of formal Computer Science degree.
- 5+ years of development experience. You must be well versed in stored procedures programming, data modeling, SQL scripting, .NET and using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Expertise in healthcare messaging standards (HL7, CCD, IHE profiles, etc.) as well as standard messaging standards (XML, flat files, etc.), and also experience in translating healthcare related data elements between organizations.
- Experience supporting global applications in 24x7x365 environment.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should be self-starters, able to multi-task, work well under tight deadlines and be comfortable working with technical and business teams.