What you'll get to do...
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, and grow our revenue.
- Analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on significant amounts of data and build end-to-end reporting solutions to support company initiatives.
- Have experience using data mining techniques to drive product strategy, reduce customer attrition and find new revenue opportunities.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, website behavior, etc.
- Work with a team of analysts in the collection and dissemination of company performance via multiple reporting tools/methodologies.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to cross functional groups.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components.
- Write and create custom reports.
Your experience should include...
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL (SQL, HiveQL) including optimization
- 3+ years of experience working with either a Hadoop and/or an MPP system.
- 2+ years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with open source Data Science tools (Python, R, PySpark - preferred)
- Familiarity with ETL implementation and maintenance and a working understanding of schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques including regression, trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, etc.)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
You may also have...
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)