Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
5 - 7 years
Posted 45 days ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and Chile who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. Formed in 1930, Ocean Spray is now the world’s leading producer of cranberry juices, juice drinks and dried cranberries and is the best-selling brand in the bottled juice category. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 50 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 cranberry receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, employees and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. We offer an onsite gym with weekly fitness classes, a cafeteria committed to delivering healthy meals to our employees, a 37.5 hour work week and half day Fridays in the summer. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can add value every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
The Finance team at Ocean Spray is currently looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to their growing team. The position is located at our Corporate Office in Lakeville, MA.
Under minimal supervision, supports our Global Innovation & Commercialization team with direct responsibility for the financial planning and analysis of new products and business opportunities. The position reports to the Sr. Manager of FP&A.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides financialsupport, management reports and analysis to Innovation team to assist in decision making
• Supports the management team in the development of the annual operating plan and quarterly financial forecasts by providing data and analysis
• Analysis of new and existing business opportunities for financial justification to support business unit management decision making
• Presents financial analysis of new business opportunities to Sr. Management. Identifies and recommends solutions to problems
• Provide training and direction to junior and intermediate level financial analysis staff which may include input to employment decisions, performance management, development, etc.
• Manage financial plans (pro-forma P&L’s) through each stage of the new product development approval process
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
• BA/BS in finance/accounting/economics or MBA is required
• 5-7 years of work experience.
• Excellent analytical skills along with strong knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Supervisory skills is a plus
• Must be results oriented with strong attention to detail and deadlines
• Systems application experience in SAP and Hyperion Essbase is a plus