This role aligns enterprise business strategies with its technology. Analyzes business operations and recommends solutions to align individual business functions with organizational goals. Understands the structure, policies, and operations of the enterprise, and recommends business-focused or technology-focused solutions to improve general business processes and planning.
Compiles, analyzes, interprets, and presents data related to the current and future operation. Creates reports, charts, graphs and presentations to aid in proposing new strategies for successful business changes. Recommends organizational changes in anticipation of predicted marketplace change.
Develops project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs. May create end-user documentation (e.g., user guides, process flow charts, training materials) and deliver training. Deliverables will vary according to needs; some may be limited to IT-related projects only, while others may be involved in areas such as finance or accounting, marketing or operations.
- Understands business change needs; assesses business impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with appropriate stakeholders.
- Takes the lead in assisting with the business case, eliciting requirements, translating and simplifying requirements, and use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project's scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Clarifies, updates and improves the business processes impacted by technology changes, and maps out the requirements for one or more systems to support needs and processes.
- Life/Health product and/or operations knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with all levels of leadership across functional areas.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to facilitate large meetings or trainings with varying audiences.
- Self-motivated and driven toward success.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of business analysis, project management, information technology or related experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of business analysis, project management, information technology or related experience OR,
- At least 7 years of business analysis, project management, information technology or related experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.