Senior Business Analyst
The National Restaurant Association, one of the most influential business associations, has an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious and solutions-driven Senior Business Analyst in our Chicago office.
Supporting our Training & Certification and Convention divisions, the Senior Business Analyst will partner with key stakeholders to provide critical business guidance, including operational expense and budgetforecasting, to help drive superior performance.
Ideal candidates have a minimum of 7-10years of experience in business analysis, or financial analysis and planning, bring sound business judgement, proven relationship-building, collaboration and influencing skills. Previous experience in multi-faceted organization and MBA in Finance or Organizational Behavior preferred.
- Assist with development of annual budget, monthly forecast, and strategic plans for Training & Certification division
- Perform monthly variance analysis to monitor business performance and assist in making informed decisions
- Evaluate and analyzes operational performance – product line performance, customer service levels, manufacturing efficiencies & exam performance
- Assist with the development and analysis of all capital budgeting and expenditures.
- Evaluate and analyzes market/ account performance – rate/ volume analysis, product usage, and training pass/ fail rates
- Provide decision support and thought leadership to business partners/ leaders
- Develop analytical, reporting, and forecasting models that fully integrate all key current and future business components
- Cultivate high-quality relationships within and outside the organization.
- Develop financial tools (ROI, NPV, pro-forma models, etc.) for consultation and sound decision-making support for business initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to senior leaders and board of directors
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as requested
- Job will require 10 – 15% travel
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, MBA preferred
- 7-10years of experience in business analysis, financial analysis and planning or closely related discipline
- Proven ability to successfully partner with cross functional teams
- Experience evaluating trends and market intelligence gathering
- Demonstrated skills in business-to-business selling and communication
- Experience supporting a multi-faceted organization a plus
- Working knowledge of the restaurant and foodservice industries a plus
- Certified Corporate FP&A Professional credential a plus
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills that support, pricing, distribution, and operational efficiency
- Highly effective presentation, communication (written and verbal), and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint) and reporting applications (i.e. Adaptive Insights a plus)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks
- Proactive in anticipating and responding to needs of leaders, partners and customers
- Ability to prioritize diverse challenges and people while maintaining exceptional service
- Effectively work individually in cross-functional and unstructured environments