At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
Coffee & Bagels Brands is Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Bruegger’s Bagels and Manhattan Bagel. We are your friendly neighborhood gathering place for good conversation and great food.
Position Mission: The Business Analyst is a key liaison between business users and Information Technology team members. Responsible to work closely with business users to determine and document their needs, communicating on a non-technical level. Work under minimal supervision to design, test, and implement packaged applications and custom development items. Includes functional analysis and design, creation of test plans, and user acceptance testing. The person in this role may also act as Project Manager on smaller initiatives.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities for application implementation and development:
· Participate in packaged application implementations and development projects of a moderately complex nature, working under minimal supervision.
· Conduct analysis activities associated with process definition and design, performance management, and business operations optimization with the goal of achieving company objectives.
· Act as a liaison between business users and Information Technology team members to gather and document detailed business and technical requirements, including business rules and data standards. Conduct needs assessment with business users, understand and document such needs. Determine configuration and custom development necessary and communicate to the users on a non-technical level. Capable of detailing complex solutions.
· When changes to the requirements occur, leads impact analysis and recommends follow-through actions.
· Develop test conditions, case outlines, test plans, and detailed test scripts for a defined set of business factors. Coordinate and conduct user acceptance testing, review test results with users to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
· Provide end user training and procedural documentation. Conduct end user training and assist users with ad-hoc information and/or reporting needs.
· Communicate effectively and work co-operatively with IT team members and business users in order to complete assigned projects as efficiently as possible.
· Identify issues and risks and provide alternative courses of action to achieve business and organization goals and objectives.
· Conduct project management tasks like project planning, issue resolution and managing tasks/timelines to ensure projects are successfully initiated and completed on-time and within budget.
· Establish functional expertise in specified application(s) and associated business processes. Utilize this expertise to work with business users, IT management and other stakeholders to determine business objectives, feasibility and cost benefit of project requests. Assist in the documentation, evaluation, and prioritization of project requests.
· Assist business users and other Information Technology team members in troubleshooting the production environment, provide production support to research, resolve and document system problems.
· Build, develop, and grow relationships with business users and other stakeholders in order to establish mutual trust and provide a foundation for high level project partnership.
· Analyze and implement solutions to problems associated with assignments and act as a mentor to less experienced Business Analysts, providing guidance regarding functional analysis, design, and creation of test plans.
· Strict adherence to established support and service management policies and procedures (i.e. incident, change, problem, SDLC, etc.) thereby ensuring all activities are fully documented for auditing and future support purposes.
· Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the information technology field. Maintain the knowledge necessary to support department goals and programs, and retain professional competence.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven. Ability to perform job functions in an independent manner.
· Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to accurately analyze problems, explain solutions, and present technical solutions to end-users in a non-technical manner.
· Skilled in working with cross-functional teams to affect collaboration, resolution of issues and community building across multiple functions.
· Strong problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and to work effectively with cross functional groups to participate in problem solving.
· Curiosity and passion for delivering high quality technology solutions.
· 8+ years of experience in Information Technology required.
· 5+ years of progressing experience as a Business Analyst related to business technology systems (packaged and custom developed) required.
- Experience with HR systems implementation or supportrequired.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and highly proficient in understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Experience working in a business/IT capacity for a company with manufacturing, distribution, restaurant, retail and/or commercial Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) operations preferred.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification a plus.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation.