Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation's most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
Buchanan & Edwards is seeking a talented Senior Business Analyst to support a mission critical program at the Foreign Service Institute, in Washington D.C.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you'll gather, review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Additionally, you'll document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. This position needs to set an example for and be prepared to mentor other business analysts.
- Document requirements, define scope, objectives, and business justifications, formulates executive summaries, project charters, write requirements and specifications of software applications.
- Able to multi-task capability, handling multiple projects and serve as advisor for lower level IT Business staff to build the user- requirement traceability matrix.
- Obtain requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Serve as primary contact and technical advisor to clients and provide collaborative leadership ability.
- Follow established standards as well as software development lifecycle and project management lifecycle.
- Participate, represent, guide and provide critical analysis expertise to the group and may lead group discussions and collaborative effort to define and develop user-requirements.
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the program level, of the tasks at hand. This senior level position will be instrumental in gathering requirements and building customer relationships. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline. Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional experience as a business analyst.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years related in the software development field.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems.
- Able act as lead on the complex projects and work in a complex diversified application development environment.
- Able to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize.
- Possess critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with the business strategy.
- Expert knowledge as a Scrum Master to facilitate daily activity meetings, planning meetings and retrospective meetings among other ceremonies.
- Evaluate cloud applications, platforms, infrastructures and standards in order to align with current and future business strategies. Evaluate and recommend COTS, Cloud or GOTS, application software packages.