We are looking for Senior Business Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client and the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) has an initiative underway to significantly extend the functionality of a mission critical business application, the Child Care Financial Assistance application (CCFA).
- The client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst and Technical Trainer to add to the team.
- This person will be responsible for all aspects of business requirements and data analysis of a web based software development project.
- This position will work with the project team to define scope, analyze business needs, gather and document business and data requirements using industry standard practices and tools.
- This person will also be responsible for scheduling and leading training sessions with internal and external users of the CCFA application
- This is a lean and agile project.
- The ideal candidate can work in all functional areas of the application.
- He or she will also have experience in all phases of business analysis and user training.
- The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for collaborating with the EOE/EEC Organization, Business SMEs and stakeholders, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Developers in the process of creating and documenting business and data requirements and training materials.
- Collaborate with the business to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and reengineer business processes as needed.
- Collaborate with the technical team to understand the data design of the application, and apply that knowledge to define data requirements related to the new functional requirements.
- As a member of the team, adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and also propose improvements based on business and data analysis best practices.
- Fulfill requirements with high quality and customer satisfaction
- Conduct all interviews and meetings needed to document current business process.
- Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
- Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear, concise, etc.
- Participate in Change Management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release and data requirements being changed, added, or dropped
- Provide support to the QA and Technical Writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals
- Advise QA of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
- Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are being met.
- Develop training materials geared toward end users.
- Schedule and administer training sessions for internal user and end users using a variety of training techniques such as in-person presentations, webinars, and videos
- Collaborate with development, QA, and business users to execute UAT testing.
- Review deliverables related to new releases
- Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
Education and Experience Level:
- At least 7 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Requirements Analysis and the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Data Analysis, including in-depth knowledge of SQL, with an ability to read and understand SQL code and stored procedures.
- Expert working knowledge of SQL Server and SSRS.
- Strong prototyping, visual design and interaction design skills.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Pedagogical experience and understanding of different learning methods and approaches to instruction.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (Scrum methodology) a plus.
- Experience related to attendance and billing systems would be a plus.
- Experience related to child care systems would be a plus.
- Experience related to digital learning would be a plus.
- Experience creating and editing training videos would be a plus.
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
- Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.