US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for evaluating the current data and systems needs of the Clients Rental Assistance Programs and making recommendations for the development of a central voucher management system, based on feasibility, costs and the needs of the Department.
- It is expected that the duration of this position will be 6-9 months at which point, the Department may extend the contract to include project management of the procurement, software development and implementation.
- The BA will serve as the lead between the client and the users at approximately 120 Local Housing Authorities and Regional Administering Agencies (the Administering Agencies), which provide rental assistance to more than 10,000 low-income households.
- The BA will be expected to engage all stakeholders, facilitate surveys, focus groups and statewide meetings to understand current systems and the needs of the users and to identify the most effective and efficient way to centrally collect rental assistance data related to the program tenants, units and owners.
- The ideal candidate has expertise managing and developing new databases and technology.
- He/she has demonstrated experience evaluating and improving workflow protocols around data collection and analysis and advanced proficiency using Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- The ideal candidate has experience using business intelligence software such as Tableau, SPSS, SAS or Microsoft BI and analytics and is familiar with SQL, and the methods and techniques of statistics.
- Lastly, he/she has excellent communication skills, demonstrated expertise working independently and collaboratively as part of a team, as well as demonstrated experience managing multiple stakeholders and building consensus amongst groups with differing opinions.
- Identify requirements for a voucher management system using surveys, interviews, document analysis, site visits, task and workflow analysis and requirements workshops.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish individual user/agency requests from the underlying true needs in order to understand the feasibility of different approaches to centrally collecting data on the administration of State Rental Assistance programs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external (Administering Agencies) and internal stakeholders (BRA management, client IT, Legal, Admin and Finance) to analyze information needs and functional requirements and to inform timelines, budget projections, etc.
- Work closely with BRA Director, client IT staff and client Procurement Manager to develop system requirements and specifications and all necessary documents in order to post a procurement soliciting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5+ years?experience
- Strong analytical and business analysis skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operation requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated professionalism and the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders including front-end users, managers and senior leaders.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with business intelligence software such as Tableau, SPSS, SAS or Microsoft BI and analytics.
- Working familiarity with SQL.
- Experience evaluating and improving workflow protocols around data collection and analysis
- Experience designing databasereports.
- Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate lateral leadership.
- Ability to work independently.