We are looking for Senior Business Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Senior BA would be the business liaison to work with the business leads to define and develop business requirements and functional specifications for proposed system modifications and/or enhancements.
- The Senior BA will be responsible for conducting feasibility study of existing systems, creating use cases, crosswalks from a backlog of requests for enhancements, data conversions and integration with existing enterprise applications
- The individual will work with business users to plan and document user application needs.
- Serve as the primary contact between the technical teams and end users; managing and support expectations of business stakeholders.
- Collaborate in end-user training development and implementation documentation.
- Work with manager/supervisor to create and implement support procedures and produce related documentation in form of FAQs, work aids, instructions, etc.
- The individual will facilitate change management activities between the project team and IT service groups; and participate in all phases of the project life cycle with emphasis on business requirements from development to roll-out of enterprise application.
- This position is preliminary located in Boston, Massachusetts but may require light travel to other offices as needed by the Manager.
- 5-8years of Business Analysis experience with a strong emphasis around new software development.
- Proven skill and effectiveness in requirements gathering, definition, business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, system design, testing implementation and change management.
- Skill and experienceworking with traditional use case based analysis of business processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels of team members and management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Experience leading solutions from, planning, scope definition and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience solving business and technical issues while supporting colleagues in a coaching and mentoring capacity.
- Ability to adapt to evolving business processes and operations.
- Provides business systems analysis and process redesign expertise, interacting with business internal and external users to clearly define and document requirements.
- Monitors systems operation; reviews daily reports including but not limited to tickets, error reports of web application and legacy systems; researches, resolves and tracks reported issues
- Define precise and accurate user acceptance criteria that will be used by developers, automation test frameworks and by product owners to ensure that product owner intent is effectively captured.
- Gather requirements by facilitating JAD sessions, conducting interviews, work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions
- Supports full Systems Development Life cycle: Requirement Definition, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Conversion.
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs.
- Understand systemic data requirements as they relate to enhancing/changing the business process or system.
- Able to provide direction and guidance to other team members and users and lead discussions
- Participate and/or coordinate required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
- Utilize tools for defect tracking, testing and ADA compliance (e.g. ClearQuest, CA Unicenter, Rational Quality Manager, JAWS, etc.…).
- Apply project management standards ensuring obstacles and risks are identified, tracked and escalated and communicates to team members and PM/Manager/Supervisor promptly.
- Apply appropriate project management and development methodologies to IT initiatives and ensure relevant documentation and processes are adhered to
- Stay up to date with industry practices, protocols and procedures
- Interface with all levels of internal/external users and analyze current business and software development processes.
- Use database querying tools (e.g. TOAD) to run queries for data validation and meet agency’s reporting needs. Working of PL/SQL
- Facilitate and clarify customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Provides status updates to business leads/stakeholders and attains timely requirement approvals on documentation
- Ensures all project timelines are communicated and adhered to by all teams (business and IT)
- Monitors development to ensure it meets the business requirements and system design specifications;
- Prepares system test plans , test data and coordinates and participates in all phases of testing
- Prepares all system documentation, including but not limited to business analysis summary, research, presentations, requirements and detailed design documents.
- Monitors System Requests, Change Orders and Information Requests to ensure adequate priority is assigned and are addressed timely.
- Escalates to Manager/Supervisor all issues timely.
- Conduct workshops and/or classroom training sessions for users and IT staff as required by Manager/Supervisor.
- Prepares and delivers project related presentations in a formal professional method
- Facilitates project meetings and promptly creates/disseminates project summary/meeting notes and status
- Recommends rescheduling of interrupted or delayed production runs based on program priorities, input/output requirements, sequence of related jobs, etc.
- Functions as the primary liaison between end users and technical teams
- Analyzes requests for new or enhanced systems by reviewing documentation and consulting with end users and technical personnel to assess user needs and to determine the feasibility of automating solutions to user problems.
- Reviews changes in State and Federal regulations to determine the impact on existing systems and recommends system modifications to accommodate these changes.
- Reviews database structure to ensure the design supports the application.
- Designs systems to meet end user needs with existing hardware capabilities by gathering data through observation, consultation and review of written material;
- Schedules structured walkthroughs with technical staff and end users at key stages of the development process to validate the program code with the user requirements.
- Develops and maintains all Reference Tables: Parameters, Valid Values, Security Profiles, Accounting Treatment etc.
- Tests systems by preparing test plans and test data, conducting test runs, reviewing input and output data for accuracy and validity and developing necessary changes to ensure the validity of the system.
- SupportsDevelopers in the understanding of the Application and the database.
- Prepares systems or program documentation: flow charts, file layouts, input/output documentation and program narratives.
- Prepares data flow diagrams by analyzing the business needs of end users to determine the flow of data within the organization.
- Participates in the activities needed for the operation and maintenance of systems by interfacing with technical personnel and end users and recommending requisite changes.
- Identifies production problems through consultation with end users and programming staff and develops problem resolution and error correction strategies
- Assists Managers/Supervisors in prioritizing system change requests through meetings with end users and monitors programming development to ensure that implementation time frames are met.
- Prepares regular/timely status reports for business/IT leads.
- Prepares project plans estimating the time, equipment and staff requirements for current or proposed systems or projects.
- Function as a mentor for one or more junior staff in areas of expertise, such as: extensive knowledge of the Department's business operations and eligibility systems