At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to drive the business by working closely with business partners to identify the need for change in how our people and systems work. Through analysis and requirements elicitation and management efforts, business analysts identify opportunities and solutions that will maximize the value delivered by IT to its stakeholders.
Business Analysts serve as the key mediator or bridge between business and IT stakeholders. These associates help ensure that technology is planned and delivered in a manner that just doesn't provide a new application or user interface, but directly supports the business' strategy, goals, and objectives, which in turn allows our business partners to better serve our policyholders.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and presents measures representing the quality of business analysis work and leads team to proactively improve analysis performance or make corrective action
- Ensures business analysis processes are being followed and applied correctly through validation, training and coaching
- Coaches others on best practices to manage solution, scope and requirements including approvals, change management, and conflict resolution
- Conducts research on current market, trends, issues, technologies, processes, economies, and competitive advantage and leverages knowledge to others
- Identifies and defines business needs at an enterprise level by identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develops and presents business cases that drive enterprise strategies; includes, but not limited to values statements and estimates
- Responsible for end to end relationship management with all business analysis work being done with the business partner; facilitates training, provides consultation and presents solutions to guide business partners in technology decisions.
- 8+ years in a Business Analysis or Consulting role.
- Advanced understanding of the following Business Analysis knowledge areas:
- Requirement Management and Communication
- Defining and modeling requirements
- Requirement Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Business Case Creation
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent amount of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint