The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, requirements definition, configuration management, process design and support activities for a ride range of products and services that support all lines of business at AccentCare.
This strategic role includes working with at all levels of the organization identifying and documenting solutions and alternatives for improving business processes and associated technologies. This role will include working with internal resources, software/product vendors and other 3rd party solutions providers to ensure that support is maintained at appropriate service levels for the organization. This resource will also be a key contributor to strategic projects to move AccentCare forward operationally and financially.
AccentCare, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to "otherwise qualified individuals."
This position will be primarily focused on developing processes and functionality to improve productivity and efficiency of IT operations using the ServiceNow IT Service Management platform. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in these areas:
- Familiar with the ServiceNow platform. ServiceNow administration experience would be ideal.
- ITIL Foundations certified (version 4).
- Good understanding of scrum and project management best practices. Certified in either area would be ideal (PMP, or Agile certified)
- Experience in assisting IT improvement to meet HITRUST/SOX standards.
- Familiarity with operational process improvement (Lean, six sigma)
- Healthcare helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of IT Service Desk processes, Key Process Indicators
- Is interested in understanding the technical management of cloud based applications. Would be willing to learn how to administer AccentCare’s ServiceNow platform. Based on understanding of the platform, will know how to build requirements and processes that are to be supported on the platform.
- Has a good understanding of relational databases, is familiar with SQL. Uses this knowledge in building queries and reports to analyze data and trends.
- Has worked as an analyst on integration projects. understands conceptually integration technology. Actual experience with projects building REST, SOAP integrations would be ideal.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
- Assists in the uploading of data into the business application at the time of initial implementation and assists in periodically updating data elements.
- Conducts analysis and specification definitions for short-term initiatives as well as longer-term strategic projects.
- Conducts analysis regarding reporting requests for revenue cycle, payroll, human resources, operations, etc., departments within the company.
- Ensures that all internal and external interfaces are appropriately supported and enhanced as required by operations or by regulatory bodies.
- Participates in the review and analysis of critical operational data elements to assist the company in planning future business activities, determining key metrics to be used in the monitoring of the business, etc.
- Follows the direction of senior leaders in support of other team members to ensure successful software releases including, but not limited to, testing new functionality to be implemented.
- Participates in the education and training of end users as required.
- Serves as a Tier 3 support resource in solving HelpDesk complex issues/requests.
- May be called upon to provide periodic on-site support to end users and software trainers during the time of software implementation.
- Assists, as needed, in answering support calls during high call volumes.
- Assists senior leadership in the review of software functionality and improvements needed to ensure business processes are effective.
- Participates in the review of new functionality and software solutions to advise other team members on benefits to the business line and company.
- Serves as a liaison between the company and the software vendor to ensure company needs are addressed, enhancements are noted by the vendor, etc.
- Maintain a healthy and mutually beneficial vendor application relationship. Participates in vendor calls, as appropriate.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Respect and values diversity.
- Function as a team member.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 7 years or more in supporting business applications, ideally in the Personal Attendant and/or Home Health industry.
- EMR application support (e.g., Allscripts, VividCare, Homecare Homebase, Cerner, McKesson) experience.
- A proven history with solving complex business application data and user-related issues and documenting, designing, and implementing system-associated process changes.
- Experience in agile and waterfall development projects, including development of requirements documents, process workflow documentation and development user stories.
- A strong understanding of clinical, field and back-office (i.e., billing/claims) operational processes.
- Experience working with government and 3rd party billing entities/intermediaries and related EDI formats a strong plus.
- A strong understanding of Medicare, HMO, Commercial Insurance billing and A/R Practices a strong plus.
- Experience with EMR/EHR ad-hoc and custom report design and development a strong plus.
- Experience implementing and supporting EMR/EHR Point of Care (POC) solutions a plus.
- Experience upgrading EMR/EHR solutions a plus.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers with varying levels of technical and clinical expertise
- Good written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal/listening skills
- Good problem solving and task analysis skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new functionality within an existing EMR platform
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic
WORK ENVIRONMENT/DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
(Travel, Physical Demand, Dexterity, Mental Demand, Working Conditions)
- Travel: Position requires minimal to moderate business travel and a valid Driver’s License.
- Physical Demand: Light physical effort. For example, standing, bending, or stooping for extended periods, operating light office equipment, e.g., personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc., manually handling medium weight materials and/or equipment (0 to 10 pounds).
- Dexterity: Light dexterity, e.g. using data processing equipment, long periods of standing/sitting, etc.
- Mental Demand: Moderate to high degree of concentration due to volume, complexity, and/or “pressure” of work.
- Working Conditions: Clean working conditions with no disagreeable factors.