Duties & accountabilities
Business and Product Analysis
- Take the lead on product analysis and design for the strategic Indices roadmap including and responsibility for execution of product vision.
- Act as a liaison between business development, product management, operations, business heads and technology groups and scrum teams to facilitate communication on initiative.
- Conduct independent research and stakeholder interviews to understand business vision requirements. Write complete business requirements where needed and facilitate sign-off
- Produce user stories and use cases using different modelling techniques for detailed technical requirements.
- Work with system architects to ensure system design meets business requirements and present high level system architecture to business stakeholders as it relates to business requirements
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and support the change management process
- Ensure consistency of specifications across initiatives and platforms and conduct gap analysis and downstream impact.
- Write, revise, and edit client education, user, administrative, and support materials
- Conduct user training workshops as required.
- Communicate requirements and updates to the same to the relevant stakeholder group
- Assist Product owner with initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Evaluate and recommend a successful approach and execution plan across business IT and operations, covering change programmes, company/department structure and resourcing, governance, operational risk mitigation, implementations and methodologies.
- Manage project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Support product owner and scrum teams in managing project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Liaise with clients, technology suppliers, and legal for external facing products
- Propose and champion process improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of technology or financerequired.
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven experience and solid understanding of SDLC processes including Agile.
- Proven delivery track record.
- 10-15years’ experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments where many dependencies need careful management.
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography projects
- Experienced in Microsoft tools, Jira, Confluence and PPM software.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative processes is a plus.
- Understanding of general financial terms and principals required.
- Interest in financial markets and transactions required.
- Experience with data and feeds desired
- Competence in liaising with Clients, Product, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Able to facilitate meeting where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked
- Take ownership of the programme of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained.
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Meeting Management
- Issue Management
- Decision Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Logical Thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participants
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups.