Lead and execute building enclosure commissioning and retro-commissioning for complex buildings and systems in the mission critical, healthcare, laboratory, aviation, manufacturing, higher education, commercial building, water & waste water and onsite energy markets.
- Lead the Building Enclosures Commissioning process according to ASTM 2813-12
- Develop a preliminary budget for enclosure testing for projects
- Witness on-site testing of enclosure system in new and existing buildings
- Troubleshoot building enclosure on new and existing construction projects.
- Plan, schedule, and perform work for mid to large size projects and programs.
- Develop detailed work plans to help sell building enclosure commissioning services
- Lead design reviews and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed and accurate commissioning project records including data, documentation and reports.
- Responsible for commissioning of new retro-fits and new and existing buildings.
- Develop and refine commissioning methodologies, tools, and standards in support of an evolving commissioning practice.
- Cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business.
- Actively participate in sales pursuits and proposal development.
- Review and build computer simulations such as WUFI, WINDOW, and THERM
All other duties as assigned
- BS or BA in Architectural Engineering, Building Construction Science or BS or BA in Architecture from an NAAB accredited university is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) License will be preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of direct or related experience with building construction sciences, enclosure systems, architectural design, enclosure testing, enclosure commissioning and retro-commissioning.
- Experience with new construction commissioning and/or commissioning of new retro-fits.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail with ability to quality-review work.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to forensically evaluate building enclosure systems and detect and evaluate deficiencies, quantify energy losses, and determine cost.
- Expert with different types of stand-alone building enclosure testing equipment
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot building enclosure systems.
- Knowledge of DOE-2, eQUEST, Energy Pro, WUFI, Window, THEM and other modeling software.
- Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx), Certification in the Commissioning Process, as an Energy Manager, or LEED Accreditation a plus.
- Expert knowledge of site safety procedures, including electrical safety.
- Experience developing and managing work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Experience providing leadership to a diverse project team a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in combined heat and power/cogeneration, central utility plants, data centers, healthcare facilities, laboratories, water/wastewater facilities, controls, building envelope, TAB, NETA electrical testing, renewable energy and other specialties a plus.
- Ability to obtain appropriate US government security clearance and/or access to secured client sites.
- Completion of/or ability to obtain OSHA 8 hour Safety Training Course is required.