Senior Budget Assistant
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients. Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Assist with budget development, tracking and accounting, as well as support to the development and administration of budget execution plans for funding and budget execution at program office and organization levels.
- Maintain complete budgets and financial status for contracts and coordinate, track, reconcile and report toresponsible government parties on status of available funding, funding requirements, unliquidated obligations, commitments, obligations and disbursements Utilize various etools to include GTORS, Purchase Request Web (PRWeb), Resource Management Tool (RMT), Standard Operation and Maintenance Army Research and Development System (SOMARDS), Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS), and others as required to provide supporting documentation to these reports; and establish controls to maintain visibility of actions.
- Coordinate with program managers to obtain required information and develop and submit various financial forms and reports required for program acquisition.
- Coordinates and prepares management level reports and presentations on funding and budgets.
- Creates and processes Purchase Requests (PRs) in accordance with office policy, regulations and responsible government customer guidance; process cost transfers and miscellaneous budget documents, and review and research contracts and other documents for unliquidated obligation balances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of DoD budget requirements
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of specific e-tools or experience using similar DoD financial tool sets
- Knowledge and experience using Enterprise Business Systems, i.e. US Army General Funds Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS)
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 8 years of experience