This position provides financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
In addition, the position will oversee the budgeting and forecasting processes and be responsible for managing the College’s reporting, analysis and budgeting systems. This position supervises one Financial Analyst.
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and business strategic analysis of the financial team. Conduct financial analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting efforts to ensure efficient financial operations. Review analysis results, develops insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and leads strategic business decisions.
- Prepare Quarterly and Monthly financial reports for management.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool (Adaptive Insights) and Dashboard reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI for current and prospective projects.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Develop, maintain and monitor the reporting, analysis and budget system to ensure data integrity. Responsibilities include the implementation and coordination of all system and reporting changes and other enhancements to the accounting system.
- Assist with other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 5+ years experience as budget manager or financial analyst
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Adaptive Insights skills desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity