TRC Engineers, Inc. is an engineering, consulting, and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the Environmental, Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation and Real Estate markets. Our multi-discipline project teams provide turnkey services to help our clients implement complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. A broad range of commercial, industrial, and government clients depend on us for customized and complete solutions to their toughest business challenges.
The Houston, TX office of TRC has a need for a Senior Bridge/Structural Engineer with over 10 years of experience. Candidates must have the ability to work within a team environment reporting to the Office Practice Leader.
Candidates must be proficient in the following areas:
- Develops design calculations for bridge rehabilitation and new bridge design projects.
- Develops design details in Microstation for bridge rehabilitation and new bridge designs.
- Reviews "as-built" drawings and previous design documents and develops details and concepts for repair and replacement of structural components for bridge rehabilitation and retrofit designs.
- Performs complex analysis utilizing finite element models for the design of complex bridges in accordance with design specifications such as American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) codes.
- Conducts load ratings for existing and "as-designed" bridges. Leverages AASHTOware BrR and other FEM software, such as LUSUS and MIDAS, to conduct load ratings for moderate and complex bridges.
- Conducts quality control reviews of structural calculations and construction drawings completed by other Engineers.
- Participates in on-site bridge inspections and assists with identifying deficiencies.
- Marine structures
Candidates must have a strong command of design principles and the ability to develop neat and accurate design calculations. Candidate should have strong oral and written communications skills. A candidate knowledgeable in Microstation and/or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; or a Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- PHD in Civil Engineering is a plus.
- Professional Civil Engineer License (Texas).
- Plus, a minimum of 10 years of experience performing civil or structural engineering design including load rating, bridge substructure design, foundation design, bridge superstructure design in steel, concrete, pre-stressed concrete, post-tensioned concrete box girders, strengthening of structural elements utilizing fiber reinforced polymers, and developing design calculations.