Garver's Transportation Design Center, an integrated team with proficiency and focus in delivering bridge and structural projects, is seeking a Senior Bridge Inspection Engineer for our San Antonio, Texas office. This position will join our in-house engineers, designers, and technicians to provide technical expertise in all areas required to successfully deliver sound solutions and quality design.
This Senior Bridge Inspection Engineer will primarily perform bridge inspection tasks, including field inspection and associated office work. This position will assist on other tasks as needed, including structural design and detailing of bridges, quantity calculations, cost estimates, and report preparation.
Other responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Performing inspection of bridges and culverts to NBIS standards
- Assist with underwater and fracture critical bridge inspections
- Following company's standard procedures for documenting inspections
- Daily inspection file uploads to specialized interface
- Bridge Inspection Data Entry
- Bridge repair/rehabilitation and replacement design and detailing
- Load rating of steel and concrete bridges
Travel is required but can vary based on assigned locations. Inspectors will be required to coordinate their own travel and lodging.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET program
- 10+ years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Team Leader Qualified for NBIS Inspections of bridges and culverts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (mobile phone required)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be eligible to procure a rental car if needed
- Felony background check (past 10 years), drug screen and motor vehicle report will be required
- Must be detail oriented
Preferred Skills and Experience
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Course No. 130055 (Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges)
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Course No. 130078 (Fracture Critical Techniques for Steel Bridges)
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Course No. 130091 (Underwater Bridge Inspection)
- Team Leader Qualified for NBIS Fracture Critical Inspections of bridges
- Experience operating bridge snooper vehicles
- Ability to operate tablet computers fluently, including folder/file organization, general computer software such as Word, Excel, or Internet Explorer
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE).