- Required Skills: Ability to lift up to 60 lbs ; Ability to withstand all weather conditions ; AutoCAD ; Bridge Inspection ; Load Rating ; Microsoft Office ; MicroStation ; Structural Engineering
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Are you an experienced civil or structural engineer interested in traveling throughout the United States working with some of the top bridge inspection experts in the industry? Apply for the Senior Bridge Inspection Engineer position based out of our office.
What a Senior Bridge Inspection Engineer is all about:
- Lead a team of Professional Engineers and Engineer Interns inspecting large bridges and structures around the U.S. utilizing advanced rope climbing techniques
- Be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) while mentoring and training team members
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Prepare drawings in Microstation or AutoCAD providing recommendations to clients for forward action
What you need to make an impact:
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in civil or structural engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in the state of Arizona or ability to obtain within six months
- 10 or more years of professional experience leading bridge inspection teams, report writing, and load rating
- NHI/FHWA Inspection and SPRAT Level 1 certifications are desired
- The ability and desire to climb large bridge structures while safely motivating the team through high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 60 lbs. of equipment
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%) throughout the U.S.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and/or Microstation proficiency required; BrM & BrR or other Bridge Inspection & Design/Rating software experience is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Travel arrangements to and from work assignments outside the Tempe area including airfare, hotel, and meals are reimbursed. All safety training, equipment, tools and tech are provided.