$150K — $200K *
We are currently searching for a highly motivated Senior Bridge Engineer to support our Central Region in Ohio or Kentucky.
Are we the road to your future?
This is an exciting opportunity to help expand our services across Volkert’s Central Region.
What you’ll be doing:
• Be a practice builder – growing services, clients and geography.
• Serve as the lead with key client and contract management.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations.
• Participate in marketing and business development.
• Prepare or check structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete.
• Perform load ratings on bridges of various type, size, and complexity.
• Review drawings and documents and prepare technical clarifications.
• Attend meetings with clients and other professionals and organizations.
• Develop solutions to challenges presented by clients within budget, schedule, and project constraints.
• Manage bridge projects to meet financial and technical requirements.
• Review shop drawings and other construction related submittals.
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Prepare quantity take-offs for bridge project engineer’s cost estimates.
What you need to have:
• Valid Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in KY or OH or ability to obtain within six months
• B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
• 10+ years of engineering experience in managing DOT bridge design, preferably in OH and KY
• Skilled in the use of Microstation and Geopak or InRoads
• Technical expertise in the layout and design of bridges and highway structures
• Familiarity with rehabilitation of existing bridges and highway structures
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
To be a successful Senior Bridge Engineer, you must possess the following characteristics:
• Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
• Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
• Be able to multi-task in a team environment
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
• Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Valid through: 8/24/2020