Senior Bridge Engineer
STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our Rancho Cucamonga , CA office for a Senior Structural Engineer (Bridge Design) for our Transportation & Infrastructure division. The preferred candidate will be at a senior-level for bridge design and engineering.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ability to design both highway and rail bridges and related facilities
- Provide direct development for proposals in support of business development and project proposal efforts.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, and AREMA codes and California DOT, California DOT amendments
- Provide specific, conclusive calculations utilizing both ASD, and LRFD design approaches
- Have experience with designing both superstructure, and substructure designs
- Oversee structural production efforts for designs
- Lead and mentor junior level team bridge engineers
- Developing details and specifications relating to new and rehabilitation designs of Bridges and other heavy structures.
- Performing studies and developing cost estimates for new Bridge and structure installations and rehabilitation options for existing ones.
- Coordinate technical requirements of Bridge and other heavy structures with Bridge engineers, structural engineers, and architects.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s in Structural Engineering; Master’s Degree a plus
- Required Experience - 10+ years of experience in the Bridge/heavy structure industry
- Must have a California PE License
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Office, and structural modeling software such as SAP2000, Midas, LARSA-4D, etc.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.