At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Bridge Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Serve in a lead technical role on bridgedesign projects.
• Perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects.
• Work on projects that typically include the design of bridges (steel plate girder, prestress concrete, cast-in-place concrete, segmental and cable), box culverts, various retaining wall systems, sign bridges, and interchange design for highway and railway projects in seismic geographical locations.
• Serve as a technical specialist and/or Project Manager on small to mid-sized projects, and supervise and mentor junior engineers in the performance of bridge engineering tasks.
• Actively participate in and drive business development activities.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• 10+ years of bridgedesignexperience is preferred.
• Professional Engineer in the State of Oregon (or able to achieve reciprocity within approximately 6 months).
• Proven hands-on experience in all aspects and phases (from preliminary planning through construction) of bridgedesign projects.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, and MicroStation.
• Proficiency using various industry-standard structural analysis and bridgedesign software packages.
• Proficiency with seismic design, detailing, and retrofit of highway bridges.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
• Project management skills are desirable
• Strong communication (both oral and written) skills and willing to work in a team environment.
• Must be comfortable being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design and have proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Master's degree in Structural Engineering
• Structural Engineering License
• Familiarity with engineering software packages such as: SAP2000, LARSA 4D, LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, Midas Civil, MDX, CSiBridge, ADINA, RM Bridge, spColumn, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.