Are you utilizing your skills and knowledge for something tangible and being rewarded for it? Is your career stagnant because your position limits your opportunities for growth. If you have been searching for a position that not only provides you professional growth and development, but allows you to be the driver of your success, then look no further. It’s time to grow and this is YOUR time. If you are passionate about making a difference in your community, then Buchart Horn, Inc. wants you. Come join an organization that cares about its people, where our people make the difference.
Buchart Horn, Inc. has an exciting opportunity at our Corporate Headquarters in York, PA for an experienced Bridge Design Engineer to join our Northern Transportation Strategic Business Unit. As the Senior Bridge Design Engineer you will serve an important role in the inspection, analysis, design, detailing of bridge replacement/rehab and other transportation related projects. The ideal candidate should possess a can-do attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work independently as well as with a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment. The position includes opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
- Structural design - including bridge and walls related to Transportation projects
- Management - including scheduling, tracking, providing oversight, manage structural tasks, budgets, and internal updates for current and upcoming projects
- Provide QA-QC structure plans (utilizing Microstation, InRoads is a plus), adhering to PennDOT guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple transportation related projects concurrently
- Responsible for team leadership and working with technical teams toward the production of engineering drawings and details for highway and/or multi-discipline design projects
- Coordinate and interact with clients, sub-consultants, project teams, and local agencies on projects, as needed
- Assist staff with the preparation of plans and technical reports
- Mentor and train junior engineers as needed
- Maintain a personal current knowledge of tools and technology available
- Support new business development activity, including participation in professional affairs, contact with colleagues, reporting leads and prospects, providing assistance in proposal preparation, and participating in sales presentations
- Perform field work - including inspection and site investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related discipline from an ABET accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in Transportation, Bridge Design and Inspection
- Experience as a Project Manager or Team Leader on PennDOT projects
- Registered P.E. (professional engineer) in Pennsylvania ***required****
- Certified Bridge Safety Inspector (CBSI), preferred
- Effective verbal and technical written communication skills with the ability to interact with project team members
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in MS Office Suites: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proficiency in Inroads, MicroStation,