GAI is undergoing exciting growth! Put your skills and expertise to work alongside accomplished colleagues within our Orlando, Florida office. We are seeking a Senior Lead CAD Designer to work as part of our Orlando Bridge Group, a department within our Structures market sector.
Excellent salary and bonus potential
Excellent Paid Time Off allowance
ESOP – GAI is employee owned
Competitive health and dental insurance premiums
Flexibility in work hours
Our team of engineering, planning, and environmental consultants provides innovative solutions to energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial clients worldwide. 60 years strong and 100-percent employee owned, GAI is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with structures project layout, drawing package set up and project delivery with a focus on adherence to CAD standards and data management procedures.
- Independently perform and guide others on structures drawing package set up and delivery, assist in various aspects of transportation structures projects including quantity calculations, shop drawing review, and other duties as necessary, and prepare submittal packages.
- Continue to advance knowledge of software capabilities, client standards, and industry practice relevant to transportation structures projects.
- Develop structural details and drawings in collaboration with staff engineers and other technicians, while adhering to client CAD standards and project budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Assist in various aspects of transportation structures projects including quantity calculations, shop drawings, review, and other duties as necessary.
- Maintain and continue to advance knowledge of software capabilities, client standards, and industry practice relevant to transportation structures projects.
- A high school diploma from an accredited institution is required. An Associates Degree from an accredited Technical School, college or university is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive CAD experience in transportation structures, including bridge detailing.
- Working knowledge of Bentley Microstation CAD software
- Must possess strong math skills.