San Francisco, CA
5 - 7 years
Posted 177 days ago
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Brand Manager to join our award-winning marketing team.
Ubisoft has established a portfolio of powerful gaming brands and is recognized as the industry leader in introducing new entertainment IP’s; and the Associate Director, Marketing is responsible for generating and amplifying our voice across NCSA (North, Central, and South America). A data-driven, innovative and break-thru consumer driven marketing strategy is essential as Ubisoft continues its quest to become the #1 video game publisher of this industry.
The person will be responsible for all marketing and brand management related activity within the video game category. This role will orchestrate go-to-market strategies, positioning, and activation plans for the business. It is essential that this person focus on growing our brands and driving sales by delivering consumer-focused product launches that are laser focused by leveraging internal, and external behavioral data. This person will take a leading role in building unified marketing efforts across all cross-functional departments including Public Relations, Promotions, TV, print & on-line media, web, Creative Services and outside agencies, merchandising, Sales, & Operations. This leader will ensure Ubisoft products are powerfully launched into the market to connect with gamers and drive sales. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them!
• Development and execution of integrated Go to Market plans across traditional and emerging channels, using all marketing levers.
• Use data and insight to steer communication planning with the Product Marketing organization. Prioritize target audience/ segment priorities, along with key features that will create differentiation.
• The candidate will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, information-based decisions
• Understand and assess core product opportunities (e.g., opportunity size, appeal, differentiation) in order to proactively determine how to best sell and drive demand.
• Work with research teams to develop consumer insights that inform marketing plans, as well as test the effectiveness of marketing activities.
• Deliver results and hit deadlines. Take responsibility and ownership of role-related tasks.
• Generate new solutions that contribute to Brand evolution. Ask questions and challenge the status quo. Contributes to a culture of creativity and idea generation.
• Works collaboratively with other department heads to hit goals. Builds working relationships with others cross-functionally. Acts in the best interest of the Brand, and others, versus self.
• Demonstrates understanding of cultural practices and global perspectives. Adapts behavior and solutions based on brand needs.
• Clearly articulates a vision of the future for our gaming brands, illustrating how teammates can contribute to make an impact.
• Brand expert/consultant on marketing plans for transmedia partners including movies, television, books, toys, etc.
• Lead and develop a hungry team of 5-7 direct and indirect reports
• Embrace a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial culture
• Bachelors degree in marketing or related field required, MBA strongly preferred
• 6-7 years consumer product marketing experience (3+ years post MBA)
• Experience within the video game industry is highly preferred
• Exhibits excellent judgement
• Embraces the small state and big stage with outstanding communication skills
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• High standards for individual and team work.
• Can blend creative strategies and with analytics.
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
• Thinks big and has convictions.
• Results oriented.
• Ability to inspire.