We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Brand Manager - Premium Brands and Medical.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for architecting a new premium brand portfolio for Organigram while also reinvigorating our Medical cannabis business. In this role, you will be challenged to develop and execute the strategic brand plans that will delight consumers, excite our sales organization, and deliver our business results within a highly dynamic competitive landscape. In order to grow our market share, you will be challenged to create bold annual marketing plans, partner with internal/external agencies to produce disruptive advertising campaigns and collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop innovative product launches via product/packaging design, budtender education programs and in-store support materials.
Who You Are:
- An entrepreneurial thinker and enthusiastic problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and are driven to overcome challenges, in a thoughtful and meaningful way;
- A fantastic collaborator and a patient agent of change; you understand that true success requires a team effort and you are committed to bringing others with you on the journey;
- A person who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable working with ambiguity on a challenging deadline;
- A person of high integrity; you want to get things done while also doing it the right way with a consumer-first attitude;
- Detail oriented; with a variety of competing priorities, you can calmly manage it all and are able to balance a continuously evolving workload;
- Passionate and purposeful; everything you do has a purpose, and you have a passion or interest in contributing to larger goal of improving the legal cannabis sector.
- Lead the development of the Medical Cannabis annual planning and quarterly calendar processes including campaign proposals, product launches and the identification of the business unit’s strategic imperatives;
- Lead the collaboration with internal cross functional partners (creative, product, sales, legal, operations) to develop a new portfolio of brands and products tailored to win in the premium pricing segment;
- In partnership with our external agency partner, develop authentic, impactful & relevant campaign/CSR programming to engage with our most valued medical patient cohort;
- Own the briefing process for all campaign + rebranding workstreams from initialization through execution including engagement with Executive stakeholders, sales partners and retail customer/clinic sell-in;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with cross-functional teams (trade, digital, creative, legal) to ensure all product launch tools & customer-specific programs are completed on-time & in-full;
- Work closely with our Insights team and be able to evaluate research on business drivers to specify customer requirements for existing/upcoming products;
- Analyze marketing programs and recommend improvement to strategic plans;
- Manage daily interactions with the product, creative studio, digital/insights, trade marketing and project management teams to ensure launches are held to the highest brand standards;
- Integrate brand building efforts with other business units, such as key account managers and field sales, trade marketing and client care;
- Manage and allocate the annual budget across the Medical Cannabis & Premium Brand portfolios;
- Lead the creation of product training plans for sales representatives and client care representatives;
- Other duties as may be required.
- University degree in marketing or business preferred;
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a fast-moving consumer goods marketing, brand management position, or account management agency role;
- Proven track record delighting consumers, growing market share & delivering business results;
- Demonstrated success in briefing, developing & executing consumer-centric brand strategies, including promotional campaigns, product launches and sales engagement programs;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams;
- Excellent communication interpersonal skills, with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with cross-functional partners, key creative agency partners, and customer teams;
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences, especially when working virtually;
- Knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations;
- Compassionate, curious, determined and a good sense of humour are all important parts of rolling with the challenges of an emerging industry like cannabis.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.