Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin's®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands.
The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of "The 100 Best Corporate Citizens" by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts.
In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future -- Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ -- focusing on its legacy of innovation.
Columbus Craft Meats, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a manufacturer of a full line of premium, Italian-style branded and private label dry cured and cooked deli meats, including salame, roast beef and turkey.
The Company's products are sold to national grocery chains, club stores, independent grocers and distributors across the country. Columbus was founded in 1917, family owned and operated for decades, and then acquired by Hormel in 2017.
We are looking for an experienced brand management professional to join the Columbus marketing team in our Hayward, CA office. The Senior Brand Manager will play a key role in taking the brand to the next level with impactful marketing programs and strong product innovation, as well as in enhancing sales and profit growth with sound business and P&L management.
The ideal candidate will bring a track record of success, strong brand management skillset, and a passion for artisan food.
- Business planning, P&L management, business initiative execution: Develops and executes the annual operating plan (AOP) financial targets. Establishes business objectives, strategies, and tactics to attain AOP. Achieves volume, net revenue, segment profit margin, and marketing mix targets.
- Brand Equity Management: Management of brand equity development and consumer engagement strategies and tactics to achieve consumer and business objectives. Works with agency partners to create annual consumer media, promotion and public relations plans.
- Innovation: Leads future growth by identifying new product and line extension opportunities by analyzing consumer trends, determining specific market needs and potential, and building a business case, including driving the launch of initiatives within Deli group.
- Cost and Margin Leadership: Leads operations, logistics, forecasting, and purchasing departments to management of finished goods and supply inventories. Leads and manages indirect cross-functional team members to accomplish projects that support brand initiatives and business needs.
- Channel Development: Develops sales presentations or content, assist addressing customer category/brand opportunities and challenges, works withcategory management on strategic selling. Develops trade strategy. Monitors marketplace dynamics and implements corrective action when and where necessary.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Strong track record of delivering business results and making a positive impact
- Strong project management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Sound strategic thinking and ability to produce original ideas
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills
- Solid understanding of marketing mix including product, pricing, promotion, and distribution
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa