Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith Inc. is a multi-discipline engineering, architectural, and construction firm. Our firm is responsible for the design and construction of large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, office space design, facility planning and condition assessment work. In response to increased demand for BIM projects, we are growing our team of BIM modelers. As a Senior BIM Modeler at CDM Smith Inc. you will have the opportunity to grow your career as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation, and Water.
The Senior BIM Modeler will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepares complex Process Mechanical BIM models and sets of construction drawings which may include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings indicating components of equipment, facilities, or systems where minimal information is provided by rough sketches and/or verbal outlines of requirements.
- Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints to aid in the development of BIM models and design documents. Provides junior BIM modelers with design sketches for preparation of BIM models, general layouts and complete design drawings.
- Provides technical guidance to junior BIM modelers and reviews completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s QA/QC standards and procedures.
- Interfaces, regularly, with other disciplines, subcontractors, clients, vendors, and project engineers to support project production.
- Performs tasks such as coordinates verification of BIM model integrity, coordinates clash detection, coordinates collaboration with other disciplines, plots drawings, prepares transmittals, prepares overnight packages, file management and/or, filing prints, distributes drawings, and assists in making simple design calculations, and, coordinates specifications with drawings.
- Performs walkthroughs of models using Navisworks for project stakeholders.
- Provides general conceptual input to projects during the planning stages, and supports or leads field assignments, as required.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Education: High school diploma with vocational training in advanced BIM Modeling/CADD drafting technology.
- Experience: 10 years of relevant experience.
- Travel: Domestic travel may be required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a flexible team player and adapt to changing requirements.
- Possess extensive software experience in the use of Microsoft Office for design related tasks; as well as advanced knowledge of the BIM modeling software commands, and a advanced working knowledge of BIM modeling technologies.
- Extensive experience preparing Process Mechanical BIM models using Plant 3D, OPPID, AutoPlant, OpenPlant, Revit, Navisworks, or other BIM applications.
- Experience with ProjectWise, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.