Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
The Palo Alto Networks Data Science team uses data science and machine learning to solve problems throughout the company. In the words of one of our members: “we develop machine learning based highly scalable solutions to address cyber security challenges.” We are looking for a talented and motivated data scientist that can help us protect our customers using the vast amounts of data we have available.
The Sr. Data Scientist will be creating machine learning models that can detest anomalous behavior in the cloud.
- Build machine learning solutions that can distinguish between malware and benign files with a high degree of accuracy
- Create novel features that can identify malicious files
- Work closely with a team of Software Engineers to design and deploy production machine learning systems
- Take Initiative; find new ways of applying data science to security problems
- At least 2 years industry experience in security or machine learning, ideally both.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms including Regression, Classification, and Clustering algorithms.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Deep Learning experience a plus.
- Experience in Data Mining and Information Retrieval in HDFS
- MS (PhD is a plus) degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills