Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 108 days ago
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and our legal vertical has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We are looking to hire a Senior Big Data Engineer full time in the Seattle area. Working in an established data warehouse team, this position will partner with other internal teams such as finance, marketing, sales and operations to build and maintain next generation Business Intelligence solutions using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Scala, and Spark.
Avvo is a highly collaborative, agile work environment, so the ideal candidate would demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good business knowledge in addition to excellent technical depth.
- Analyze existing and upcoming requirements for data platform; design and lead implementation of new features and platform modifications
- Supporting Data Engineering team with daily maintenance/improvements of the existing Data Warehouse platform.
- Develop new Hadoop workflows and enhance existing ones.
- Mentor and develop the technical skill of more junior members of the Data Engineering team.
- Proven experience building, debugging and optimizing complex distributed systems or backend services
- Established history with Big Data technologies. Production engineering with Hadoop ecosystem strongly preferred. Including HBase, Spark, Kafka.
- Demonstrated development experience with Python or Scala.
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Must be collaborative, quick to learn and drive for results with a balance between quality and quantity.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office! Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.