Currently we are looking for a Senior Big Data Developer for our Seattle, WA office to make the team even stronger.
This position will be a key on-site resource for our clients, supporting design and development of leading edge solutions for EPAM.
We do not believe in matching against a list of buzzwords - we look for smart people with good general programming skills andexperience withBig Data platforms andtechnologies in cloud as we believe that cleverdevelopers can learn newtechnologiesquickly and well.
- Work with rest of the team to design, develop & manage end-to-end engineering solutions for business opportunities using existing on premises or new Cloud based technology platforms;
- Tenaciously keep the Big Datainfrastructure (Hadoop and peripheral tools) operational across various environments in datacenters & Cloud;
- Deploy and manage EMR, Redshift, and Dynamo DB etc. services based applications on AWS;
- Lift and shift of on premises Big Data applications/tools to Cloud;
- Work with the team to build the Big Data platform solutions for different business needs;
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components;
- Proactively monitor environments and drive troubleshooting and tuning;
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of Hadoop & Cloud technologies to troubleshoot issues;
- Evaluate and build different compute frameworks for all tiers for technologies in Cloud.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in e-commerce and Big datatechnologies;
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language – Scala or Java or Python;
- Experience in implementing the full life cycle of massive datasets including ETL, cleaning, data analysis and deployment in the Cloud;
- Experience in processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data from various sources using technologies like Hadoop ecosystem, Map Reduce programming, Hive, Spark and more;
- Experience in a wide variety of AWS technologies like S3, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, Aurora, SNS and EC2;
- Experience in relational databases such as Postgres and with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Cassandra;
- Experience with Linux and hands on experience with Shell scripting;
- Agile development methodologies including scrum, code reviews, pair programming;
- Object-oriented design and development;
- Performance and scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity;
- Open source libraries and tools such as Spring, Maven, Guava, Apache Commons, Eclipse, Git, Jira, Jenkins;
- Unit testing;
- All things Linux (bash scripting, grep, sed, awk etc.);
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is nice but not essential.