Purpose of Job:
The Senior Big Data ad Cloud Solutions Expert is a senior technical contributor with expertise in a broad range of business and IT processes. The incumbent will interface with all levels of the business to understand current business processes and challenge them by identifying and leading projects and initiatives to the business on process re-engineering.
The incumbent will work with our IT clients, IT departments to gather Technical Project needs and map them to current capacity with focus on the Big Data and cloud Platforms..
The incumbent will produce performance and capacity dashboards and make recommendations along with budget plans to maintain and continually improve the the service delivery of these environments...
The incumbent will possess a full and broad technical knowledge of IT services, interdependencies between processes and how IT services are provided internally within the business unit or for business clients accessing those services while considering business implications of application to the current and future business environment.
Will work closely to influence change transformation initiatives at all levels of the organization and possess strong Technical Skills to ensure effective and successful delivery of Technically efficient solutions. The incumbent will also oversee and create detailed Technical specifications to stand up the various environments.
Some additional responsibilities of the role will include:
- Represent the ECCO team in Major Incidents as an SME.
- Devising and/or modifying plans and budgets to maintain the delivery of Cloud and Big Data services and document the on boarding of applications and data into the environments. This includes technical feasibility analysis of incoming work to ensure there is minimal to impact to the operations of the Cloud and Big Data environments.
- Understands the both the Big Data and Cloud environments from a performance and capacity standpoint, tools needed to onboard, monitor and move bank’s data into these environments.
- Must understand the audit principles that govern these environments and ensure the security and audit requirements are always met. This requires a thorough understanding of process, tools and their impact on the daily operations..
- Responsible for the successful implementation of technical solutions for projects, supporting highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines.
- Formulates and defines project scope, and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of the technical requirements of the projects.
- Participates in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Acts as a key liaison between developers and Centre of excellence team members. Develops and provides timely environment status updates/dashboards as needed, identifies and reports on projects risks in a timely manner and proactively mitigates risks associated with project delivery of improvement initiatives.
- Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional processes and effectively influences peers and senior management to adopt, implement and align. Develops new strategies, tools and solutions to support project acceleration.
- Requires minimal management direction and handles extremely complex problems.
- Leads projects with capabilities to convey and influence others to support all facets of the efficiency improvement ensuring desired objectives are achieved.
- Collaborates as the Big Data and Cloud Technical lead with multiple technology groups and/or vendors to ensure that the appropriate associated applications, integrations, infrastructure and securityarchitecture are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with Scotia IT&S Technology roadmap.
The incumbent must hold a relevant and recognized degree and proven IT experience with an emphasis on highly complex systems/business initiatives.
The incumbent must have minimum 5 years in the Big Data and Cloud environments with 10 to 15years of IT and business industry work experience, which includes at least 5 years of experience in managing teams or projects. Typically requires advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines, technologies, and processes.
The incumbent must have expertise in very complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise.
The incumbent must have expertise in project management disciplines/protocols.
The incumbent must have:
- Thorough knowledge of Bank processes
- Maintain an accurate inventory Hardware and Software for Capacity Planning
- Thorough knowledge of the overall IT&S organization and IT services delivery processes
- Working knowledge of Bank accounting and budgetary process.
Requisition ID: 14192