General position summary:
This position will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of enterprise wide BI solutions. You will become familiar with data and business processes supported by the data warehouse and operational applications. You will be working independently and within a team. You will be responsible for tracking the work assigned, resolve technical issues and estimate and schedule tasks. Business matters will be treated with the utmost urgency and focus on results and deadlines until each task or project is completed is key. Strong Business Analysis skills are also required, and you and the team will be working closely with the business to define and refine requirements. The qualified candidate will display excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, coordination and task management skills. Daily activities will include reviewing existing production reports, participating in daily planning meetings, providing estimates, handling ad-hoc requests, and tracking and communicating daily progress on projects and initiatives. This position will also take on various responsibilities throughout the department as assigned. This role will be responsible for mentoring other team members and help lead the BI strategy for the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support Azure SQL Database data marts and cubes using Azure Analytical Services (AAS) for functional area data consumers.
- Work with a variety of data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, Azure SQL, Blob Storage, ADLS gen 2) to extract and build Azure data sets using ADF and/or Databricks.
- Develop complex dashboards, visualizations, dynamic reports, and scorecards using Power BI and DAX.
- Optimize report performance and enhance reporting environment.
- Work in a client-facing role, having frequent interaction with client stakeholders and executive managers.
- Lead reporting projects tasks, estimate effort, schedule tasks and drive project deliverables and schedules.
- Lead requirements gathering from business users, review and refine requirements.
- Assist the manager in driving department initiatives.
- Communicate project status with management.
- Define and document standards, guidelines and processes for BI development and support.
- Ensure that Reporting, Data Warehouse and Database standards, guidelines and processes are followed.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the developers; perform design and code reviews.
- Resolve technical issues in the report environment and provide alternate solutions.
- Work on cutting-edge Azure technology to manage data in the cloud.
Job Skills Required:
- 7+ years of experience as an analytics or BI developer working with cross functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Power BI is required.
- Extensive experience working with various data sources (SQL and Oracle database, flat files (csv, delimited), Web API, XML, EDI.
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions in Azure specializing in any of the following technologies: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions.
- Experience with Power BI, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Advanced T-SQL skills required. Solid understanding of relational databases and business data; ability to write complex SQL queries against variety of data sources (OLTP, Data Warehouse).
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Azure Repo and GitHub experience preferred.
- Experience mentoring report developers / business users is a plus.
- Experience communicating clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Ability to influence others through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn new technology and quickly adapt to technology changes.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching abilities
- No supervisory responsibilities at this time
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice