Position Description / Overview :
Press Ganey currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer in our Chicago, IL office. This role will supportProduct Management.
This is an opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer to play a key role in designing and building new internal and external reporting capabilities for Press Ganey. The individual will be working on a new initiative that involves working with patient experience, employee, and physician engagement, clinical and quality data in a single platform to provide analytics to measure and improve the healthcareexperience, deliver predictive analytics to improve care and engage clients with best practice improvement direction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gathering requirements for, developing, delivering and interpreting customized Tableau dashboards and reports through detailed discussions with account team members and client stakeholders.
- Educating internal enterprise data warehouse users about best practices for accessing data and building customized dashboards.
- Set up, maintain, and update recurring custom reports to be delivered on-time and error-free.
- Establishing and implementing quality assurance processes for new reports.
- Operate in the time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines, potentially within an Agile framework.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and independence.
- 7+ years of experience in an IT- or analytics-related field
- 5+ years of experience in Tableau dashboard design and development
- 5+ years SQL development experiencerequired; must be comfortable writing, tuning and debugging complex SQL queries
- Solid understanding of dimensional data modeling concepts
- Experience working in an Agile development framework or on consumer-facing application development is desirable
- Experienceworking with SQL Server and DB2databases is a plus
- Experience in healthcare is a plus
- Ability to think analytically, define problems and frame solutions.
- Ability to understand and interact with technically-oriented team members.
- Ability to interact withinternal and external customers to interpret product requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated soft skills, including experience in facilitation, diplomacy, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to think creatively and to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Aptitude to understand and communicate methodological and statistical underpinnings of product deliverables.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent, or equivalent work experience.
Press Ganey Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and well committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.