Information Builders' Professional Services organization works with customers to understand their Business Intelligence (BI) needs and develop and deploy robust solutions. We are seeking BI experts with Top Secret Clearance to work closely with our customers to define and deploy new BI systems.Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
While knowledge of our tools is not required for consideration, strong knowledge of competitive products (including architecture, design, and coding experience) is expected. IB will provide training in our WebFOCUS tools.
A Senior BI Developer is involved in all facets of BI application design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance. They must be capable of working independently without close supervision. They will architect small applications as well as individual modules within larger applications. He/she formulates client requirements into a written form and transforms them into specifications for otherdevelopers to follow. The Senior BI Developer also performs data analysis and modifies or recommends changes in the database to facilitate the reporting application. They will help customers understand best practices for working with WebFOCUS in their environment. They will also perform some project management tasks, and develop technical plans for their projects. They may participate in estimating work for client projects during the sales cycle.
Description of position’s duties:
- Provide analysis and design and leadership consulting services to clients using the IB core product line and specialty products based on business requirements; specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application maintenance, application development, application deployment, application maintenance, and problem resolution
- Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of core IB products. Continue to expand and develop skills in core IB products and, when applicable to business needs, operating systems, database management systems and associated client tools
Display a working knowledge of Database Management Systems, including both legacy DBMS’s and relational/SQL DBMS’s.
- Lead small to mid-size projects at customer sites, supervising and advising more junior developers
- Recognize and help exploit business opportunities and pass the appropriate information to management
- Produce Project Management reports, such as the weekly status report, on a timely basis
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary
Provide analysis and design and leadership consulting services to clients using the IB core product line and specialty products based on business requirements. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application maintenance, application development, application deployment, application maintenance, and problem resolution
Minimum education/training required:
- Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to GUI tools or other front-end technology
- Exposure to multiple Database Management Systems, with exposure to SQL based DBMS’s a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple operating systems and multiple programming languages
- Ability to write solid documentation that supports the coding and project management effort
- Experience in applying project management principles via formal methodology, using the associated tools and techniques
- Sound customer relations skills and the ability to work with demanding clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
BachelorsDegree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-relatedexperience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation andexperience.
Minimum experience required:
- Six (6) years of Business Intelligence application development and maintenance
- Six (6) years of WebFOCUS or another high level Business Intelligence language
- Four (4) years of databasearchitecture and database design
- Three (3) years of data analysis, construction and testing
- Three (3) years of Consulting experience
- Two (2) years of Business Analysis