The Senior BI Analyst role is responsible for gathering Business Intelligence reporting requirements and performing analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of BI applications and reports. The Senior BI Analyst is responsible for BI project work, functional enhancements, and trouble-shooting of reports and dashboards, BI tool configuration, administration, maintenance, and end user training.
- Develop and maintain programs and reports required to meet end user requirements. This includes initial development, testing, training, implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting data models and reports.
- Works with business colleagues to collect and document information requirements. Analyses and understands available source data and maps data to target reports. Identifies integration requirements and data gaps between source systems and target reporting. Acquires and maintains knowledge of business unit processes/functions and how they are integrated. Develops reporting specifications and designs data flow to meet the reporting requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to business colleagues with report writing tools. Provides training and knowledge transfer for BI and reporting tools. Provides business colleagues and IS with expert knowledge to enable projects where BI analytics are required. Works with junior staff members and validates results. Tunes the BI repository to ensure dashboards and reports run in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, and documentation of BI Server and Desktop tools. Interact with other IT departments to troubleshoot errors and resolve technical problems.
- Assist BI management with developing BI strategy and tactical plans, project plans, and tool and resource evaluations.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of relational databases, SQL, and detailed understanding of BI and reporting tool functions and report performance concepts.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA environment and databases, HANA data modeling, SAP BW extractors and data sources, and SAP BOBJ reporting tools.
- Ability to translate business information needs into data and reporting requirements.
- Interpersonal skills and professional presence to facilitate information exchange and conduct meetings, and collaborate in a team environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, multi-tasking and balancing work based on priority. Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of Gas and Electric Utility systems and software or knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Normal office conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- Three (3) to five (5) years supporting a system with a relational database, and experience in systems analysis, design, and development. Two (2) or more years of those years supporting BI applications.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in position).