We are currently seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location.
As a Senior Benefits Specialist, you would revise and assist in the implementation and management of companywide compensation and employee benefit programs. Ensures accurate processing of personnel and benefits related actions to include system updates, vendor transmittals and auditing of information. Makes recommendations to improve current or implement and design new benefit plans, and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of these programs. Provides excellent customer service to all LNH employees. Additionally, assists HR Business Partners and business leaders with job description creation and review, compensation analysis and market assessment, as needed.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Benefit Management: Under the direction of Total Rewards leadership, provides customer service support to internal and external customers. Coordinates daily benefits processing. Monitors and audits employee information ensuring all benefits data in HR systems is accurate. Evaluates and revises internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency and documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Gathers employee data and oversees the processing of all benefit billings and the preparation of invoices for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Develops communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations. Ensures compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Leave Management: Manages the leave management process with management, staff and third party to ensure time is tracked and processed timely. Works with staff and management on accommodation requests.
- Benefit Administration: Assists in the management of the benefits plan renewal process and serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Responsible for coordinating benefit related meetings ensuring all required parties are available at meetings such as with the Investment Review Committee (IRC). Manages annual corporate open enrollment processes for existing employees as well as new hires. Analyzes participation and utilization for all benefits on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Analyzes benefits experience for cost-control and risk assessment factors. Uses data to monitor trends and recommend educational initiatives, benefit plan changes, vendor changes and cost-sharing.
- Compensation: Analyzes company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates. Analyzes organizational pay practices and makes recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity. Works with HR Business Partners to ensure accurate job descriptions for positions in organization. Conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy. Helps implement special compensation programs or incentive systems for all employees or for specific groups to support the organization's objectives. Participates in development and administration of performance review system to ensure compliance with salary administration guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or achieve within 12 months
- Certified Compensation Professional (CBP) or achieve within 24 months
- 5 years Benefits and Leave Administration
- 3 years' Experience using any Human Capital Management (HCM) systems
- Protected Health Information (PHI): Ability to work with and maintain protected and confidential information
- Attention to Detail: Able to perform tasks thoroughly and with care; checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Multitasking and Time Management: Able to prioritize multiple, competing priorities and manage time/workload
- Critical Thinking: Able to analyze, assess, and develop problem solving approaches
- Advanced Microsoft office: Specifically working with PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Marketing
- WLCP Work-Life Certified Professional
- PHR or SHRM-CP Professional in Human Resources and/or SHRM Certified Professional (CP)
- 7 years Benefits and Leave Administration
- 3 years Compensation Administration
- 5 years ADP/Workday
- Demonstrated strong professional communications Experience delivering corporate communications to executive and nonexecutive individuals and/or teams