Hilltop Holdings is building a premier financial services company, dedicated to Integrity, Collaboration, Adaptability, Respect, and Excellence. Our principles are the momentum that drives our actions, guides our decisions, and enables us to earn the confidence of the customers and communities we serve. If you want to be a part of a team on the rise, Hilltop Holdings may be your next move forward.
We're currently seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist that will support our employee benefit programs through effective and timely administration of domestic self and fully-insured employee benefit and retirement plans. The Senior Benefits Specialist responsibilities include the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (e.g. 401(k) plan, group health, dental, vision, wellness, life, STD, LTD, Workers' comp, HSA, EAP, 1095's etc.) and for providing analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefits offerings to employees. The Senior Benefits Specialist position will play a key role in administering the defined benefit retirement plan, demonstrating expert knowledge of the plan rules and policies while performing complex analytical and reconciliation procedures. This position exercises high attention to detail, collaboration, and customer service, while interactingwith all levels of employees throughout the company.
- Perform benefits administration - including but not limited to: determining eligibility, handling reporting and processing, updating benefits elections and changes on behalf of employees.
- Partner with HR Departments and cross-functional teams, in a shared services environment, to resolve employee benefits issues while demonstrating a high level of employee service and support and provide benefit related consultation.
- Identify root causes for highly complex issues and partner with Manager to provide resolution.
- Perform detailed research of payroll records on retirement related data issues including deferrals, loan repayments, etc., and other benefits.
- Administer and assist in the coordination of all regulatory federal and state benefit reporting and 401(k) plan rollovers, QDRO's, QMCSO's, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Work directly with vendor on data gathering for vesting and credited service.
- Coordinate data transmissions of contributions and loan payments with payroll vendor, 401(k) vendor and payroll department.
- Accurately and timely prepare periodic reconciliations of financial transactions and accounts.
- Establish project plans, regularly monitor and track progress on work projects, and communicate with project partners.
- Streamline processes, integrate, and associate information gathered from multiple sources to apply to projects and evaluation of how parts interact.
- Remain current with government regulations to maintain benefit plan compliance
- Organized approach to working in a multi-task position with excellent attention to detail and deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Diagnose problems, identify appropriate solutions, and work with vendors and internal partners to achieve solution.
- Assist in implementation of new plans and developing communication tools to enhance understanding and awareness of the company's benefit package.
- Ensure compliance with federal laws such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and state laws in regards to the multiple states in which our clients do business.
- Resolve employee inquiries related to benefit programs, both Health and Welfare and 401(k).
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent professional-level Benefits work experience withincreasing responsibility levels required, CEBS/ACA designations helpful.
- Five (5) or more years in related field experience in high-level administrative role in Benefits.
- Working knowledge of group self-funded and full-funded Health & Welfare and Retirement plans.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations and compliance (5500 filings, SARs, non-discrimination testing, etc.) requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements and Workers Compensation and Occupational Injury.
- Proven computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with strong intermediate level or better Excel skills. Must be able to create V-Lookups and Pivot tables. Must also have the ability to learn and use other work-related systems and applications.
- Must be self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, high level of accountability, proven problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently or with a team.
- Demonstrated capability to execute and complete multiple projects and tasks accurately and efficiently within or ahead ofrequired deadlines, in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to effectively explain complicated topics to all levels of employees as well as external vendors.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate complete discretion in all matters, particularly highlysensitive matters, which include confidential communications and materials.