Sr. Benefits Consultant is responsible for executing on the overall Benefits Strategy and driving all aspects of the design of benefit programs that support the health and wellness of employees and their family members, both in the U.S. and globally. The Sr. Benefits Consultant must have the ability to independently analyze data, market trends and business needs in order to evaluate cost effectiveness and usage of existing programs to design recommended improvements or develop program business cases and design of new programs. The role includes supporting the implementation of programs and communication to eligible individuals. Experience managing multiple work products simultaneously, strong communication skills, and ability to identify and work with multiple key stakeholders is critical. The role is based in Charlotte, NC.
- Benefits Design Point of Contact for designing and implementing programs to drive enhanced health and wellness of employees, in line with overall Benefits Strategy
- Manage multiple benefit programs and vendor relationships to ensure program design and business objectives are being met.
- Regularly analyze costs, usage and impact to determine required design enhancements.
- Partner with multiple suppliers and internal partners (Benefits Service Delivery, Life Event Services, Legal, Communications, Finance, HR Reporting teams, HR leaders) to ensure programs are delivered flawlessly to our teammates.
Day to Day responsibilities include
- Analyze data from multiple sources (vendor reports, employee surveys, program participation metrics, etc.).
- Evaluate market trends and emerging products and approaches to drive health and wellness.
- Ability to understand, translate and apply data analysis and market trends in the development of business cases to solve existing or emerging opportunities.
- Develop business cases to present to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Service Delivery and Vendors to resolve member concerns.
- Partner across multiple teams to ensure impacts, compliance requirements, business needs, and employee experience are identified in all program design recommendations.
- Partner across multiple LOB and GHR teams.
- Ensure required regulations, and compliance activities being executed.
- Ability to understand, translate and apply changing legal and regulatory environment impacting programs.
Enterprise Role Overview
Accountable for the successful design, delivery, financial management, communication and/or administration of one or more of the health & welfare, work/life and retirement programs for the Bank. Independently evaluates existing product or program cost, effectiveness and usage, and designs recommended improvements
- Minimum 5 years Human Resources experience; preferably experience designing broad based programs
- Relationship management experience including the ability to communicate, influence and coach at the senior leader level
- Ability to demonstrate facilitation, client service orientation, leadership, influence, teamwork and collaboration across multiple different partners, both internal and external
- Strong data orientation and analytic experience, the ability to apply a combination of inductive and deductive reasoning to examine information, interpret results, arrive at logical conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Strong oral & written communication skills; ability to articulate complex concepts to a non-specialist audience
- Experience creating high impact presentations utilizing PowerPoint and the ability to clearly “tell the story” with complex underlying data; be able to analyze present-state, and develop alternative future-state approaches
- Highly organized with ability to drive many competing priorities and multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong task management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, adept in handling quantitative data and ability to identify end to end impacts
- A team player who thinks and acts cross-functions, proactive and focused on continuous improvement
- A problem solver with a “can do” attitude, consultative approach and client service mentality
- Acts with a sense of urgency and drives issues through to completion
- Demonstrates a sense of commitment to work and willingly assumes responsibility for accomplishing objectives
- Individual should be self-starter and highly proficient with Microsoft Office products especially skilled in PowerPoint and Excel
- A minimum of three years of related professional experience and/or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Benefits experience, specifically in Health and Wellness
- Experience evaluating vendor capabilities through procurement selection processes
- Experience working with and managing outsourced services
- Experience ensuring communication and engagement strategies are designed and executed to drive member engagement
- Familiarity with Bank of America HR Systems a plus
Job number: 19004683