About the Role
The Senior Benefits Consultant, Account Executive is a job opening with a nationally recognized insurance and financial services broker. Despite their large geographic reach, they still take a local approach to client management. They encourage a collaborative culture. They have a legacy Southeastern footprint that is rapidly expanding.
Here is a snapshot of other job details:
- Location: Flexibility on location with office space in Greenville, Columbia and Charleston. Most clients are located in SC so you must be comfortable with travel throughout the state.
- Experience: Strong retail insurance brokerage background required.
- Benefits Guru: Lead AE on a book of group health and welfare clients over 100 lives (both fully funded and self-insured).
Duties & Responsibilities
Health and welfare financial analysis, analytics and modeling.
- Plan design and competitive benchmarking
- Network evaluations
- Vendor management
- Development of bid specifications
- Proposal analysis
- Client presentations
- Budget projections
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of health and welfare insurance industry experience; background must include tenure with a retail brokerage
- Senior account manager capabilities including involvement in the sales process (renewal presentations, reviews, carrier negotiations)
- Ability to complete medical, prescription drug, stop loss and ancillary product analyses including:
- Plan Design Pricing
- Contract Review
- Budget & COBRA Rate Development
- Renewal Projections
- Short & Long-Term Client Strategy Development
Flexibility in the salary range based on experience; target is approximately $90k-$125k.