Baltimore, MD - Talen Energy is currently seeking experienced Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist to support and optimize the company’s benefits and payroll processes, which include both union and non-union employees. The talent we attract and encourage now will underwrite our future and share in our commitment to our core corporate values.
We have an opportunity a for self-driven, high energy Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist to join our company and work in our regional offices located in Baltimore, MD. This individual will report to the Director of Employee Services and will have ownership in the overall benefits and payroll function for their region. To ensure success, the ideal incumbent will provide a demonstrated expertise with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the payroll and benefits function. This position will have requiredtravel during the initial 90 days of training and periodically to the corporate offices in The Woodlands, TX. EOE M/F/D/V
- Provide support to area employees, HR Business Partners, and Supervisors as needed.
- Work with3rd party administrator, carriers and vendors to troubleshoot and assist with employee coverage questions or claims.
- Provide customer service support to employees regarding plan coverage, claims, or other items.
- Develop communication tools and programs to enhance understanding of Talen’s benefits package.
- Assist in the design and distribution of materials for benefit communication and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to all employees.
- Assist with open enrollment testing, meetings, communications and benefit fairs.
- Research and investigate payroll discrepancies.
- Ensures that all internal policies and procedures are being adhered to in regards to payroll processes wage increases, commission/bonus calculations and other types of compensation issues.
- Review and oversee time tracking for assigned region.
- Maintain data ownership of complex work schedules and pay practices.
- Review any unemployment administration and appeals.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Work diligently and collaborate with the HR Team to assist with employee discrepancies and participate in end user training as needed.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field of business is required. Experience in lieu of a degree is also acceptable.
- A minimum of 5years of demonstrated benefits and payrollexperience is required. A minimum of 8years of the aforementioned experience is required in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated self-starter with a high energy level and a spirit of team effort and cooperation, and of the highest integrity.
- Working knowledge of best payroll practices.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills at the intermediate to advanced level.
- WorkdayPayroll System or other third party administrator experience – recommended.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitively with confidential materials.
- Strong, clear communication and interpersonal skills with all management levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Workdayexperience is preferred.
- Experience with Pension and 401k Administration is preferred.
- Union experiencepreferred.
- Experience in dealing with multi state or multi-employer plans.
Number of Openings
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .