The Senior Benefits Analyst performs and participates in the analysis, design, and development of corporate benefit plans and programs. They will provide professional and analytical guidance in the administration and management of company health, welfare, and retirement plans. They will also monitor benefits trends in the business environment and stays abreast of applicable benefits legislation.
- Manages daily administration, processes and maintenance of all company benefit programs, including self-funded healthcare, dental, life, disability, leave of absences, time off pay and other additional benefits.
- Reviews data updates and interface files.
- Creates and maintains the annual compliance calendar to ensure that all notices and filings are completed timely.
- Assists with the open enrollment and annual renewal processes, system changes and employee communications.
- Reviews and audits billing statements and enrollment reports and processes billings and/or fundings on a monthly basis.
- Acts as liaison to vendors for investigation of benefit eligibility, issues, discrepancies, claim issues and other daily processes.
- Keeps accurate and compliant records for employees; monitors and audits as necessary.
- Keeps documentation of benefits processes up-to-date and compliant. Develop, streamline and document procedures for ongoing administrative tasks.
- Oversees benefit vendor relationships to ensure claims processing and account management remain within contracted services.
- Coordinates plan documentation and plan compliance to regulatory standards. Examples include Summary Plan Descriptions, plan determination or registration, governmental reporting, and mandated participant disclosures.
- Responds to employee and HR benefits inquiries in a professional and timely manner, providing information and assistance.
- Assists with communicating benefit plans and programs, policy features, enrollment and other requirements to HR and employees to ensure understanding.
- Provides backup to other benefit functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer-centric, organized and detail-oriented with advanced MS Office Excel Skills, Systems/Interfaces.
- Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to influence peers and leadership using fact-based insights.
- Flexibility and ability to re-prioritize deliverables as needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and work cross-functionally to support team on projects as needed.
- Ability to handle confidential colleague information with discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent HR technology skills and experience. UltiPro and Benefitfocus experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA.